UK Health News (supplied by the BBC)
- Antibiotic resistance plan to fight 'urgent' global threat
Ministers want drug firms to develop new antibiotics and to stop people overusing existing ones. show more
- Muffin or apple: Do you know what you 'should' be eating?
A nine-year analysis of the UK National Diet and Nutrition Survey shows mixed results. show more
- Iceland still selling own-brand palm oil products despite pledge
The retailer promised to remove palm oil from all of its own products by the end of 2018. show more
- St George's Hospital: 250 cardiac unit deaths to be reviewed
Complex heart operations were moved out of St George's Hospital last year to allow for improvements. show more
- How diet is changing – the good and the bad
Children are turning their backs on sugary drinks but all age groups eat too few vegetables, a survey suggests. show more
- Conjoined twins Marieme and Ndeye Ndiaye are living in the UK
Conjoined twins Marieme and Ndye Ndiaye have an uncertain future after moving from Senegal to the UK. show more
- Global health research money reaches 'record high'
An annual survey has found money invested in this area reached its highest level yet in 2017. show more
- Young at higher risk of asthma attack, says charity
Amy Pay, 27, says she didn't take her asthma seriously until she nearly ended up in hospital. show more
- Teen one of first UK proton-beam NHS patients
Manchester's Christie hospital has the UK's first dedicated NHS treatment centre for the pioneering treatment. show more
- How virtual reality can help you manage pain
A company in Israel is using virtual reality computer games to help patients deal with chronic pain. show more
- Child's death linked to Glasgow hospital pigeon infection
The fungus from bird droppings was a "contributing factor" in the death of the youngster at a Glasgow hospital. show more
- Instagram 'helped kill my daughter'
After Molly Russell took her own life, her family found distressing material through her Instagram account. show more
- Pigeon droppings health risk – should you worry?
A child's death at a hospital in Glasgow has been linked to an infection spread by bird droppings. show more
- 'Brazilian butt lift' inquest: Fat clot killed woman
Leah Cambridge, 29, from Leeds, died after travelling to a hospital in Turkey for cosmetic surgery. show more
- Disability hate crime: Katie Price backed by MPs over online abuse
The model is calling for new laws to protect disabled people online after her son Harvey was trolled. show more
- NHS Wales agency staff costs spiral to cover vacancies
Auditor general Adrian Crompton says he hopes NHS Wales can "continue to bring down and control" costs. show more
- Turtle meat – the ultimate survival diet?
How one family stayed alive while shipwrecked and adrift on the Pacific Ocean. show more
- The teen Primark model with vitiligo
Kaiden Williams, 13, recently featured in a campaign for the clothes store and is inspiring others. show more
- Being awake during brain surgery: 'You are hovering in between worlds'
Jazz musician Musa Manzini was kept awake for part of his surgery to have a tumour removed. show more
- Is it OK to take the pill every day without a break?
Women can avoid monthly bleeding if they run oral contraceptive pill packets back to back – but is it safe? show more